“Change will not come if we wait for some other person or some other time. We are the ones we’ve been waiting for. We are the change that we seek.” – Barack Obama, 44th President of the United States
I believe that the future of community sits at the intersection of the digital and the sacred:
- Modern technology has fundamentally altered how we relate to with each other as human beings;
- And yet, the world’s wisdom traditions have more to teach us than ever about how we connect to ourselves, our communities, and the world.
More and more, I am of the opinion that it is not Power that we seek in this world but Love, and that a new theory of Love will radically transform how we bring out the wealth and well-being that already exists in Community.
My workshops / learning experiences, digital toolkits and thought pieces provide innovators and visionaries with the practices, tools, and frameworks they need to tap into the inherent wisdom and resources in their teams, organizations and communities.
I draw upon over two decades of work in cross-cultural dialogue, strategic visioning, process coaching, resource-building, and exploration of the world’s wisdom traditions. My experiences include:
- PIloting embodied learning experiences that help global citizens to bear witness to the traumas experienced by people in different warzones;
- Developing a conflict prevention protocol field-tested by the United Nations in West Africa and the Transcaucasus region;
- Using art to engage thousands of youth about social justice issues;
- Developing curricula for youth on world mystical traditions, like the Jewish Kabbalah;
- Leading two $2 million organizations from startup to growth stages;
- Getting published in the Huffington Post and Tiny Buddha;
- Convening four live national broadcast events that created new visions for tech diversity and inclusion for digitally-disenfranchised communities in Detroit, MI, Oakland, CA, Jackson, MS, and The Bronx, NY;
- Helping to develop organizational culture design processes for social justice organizations; and
- Training as a priest in the traditional African tradition of Ifa.
To explore how we might work together, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Check out my global-view resume.